BSB in Business Administration
The Bachelor of Science in Business (BSB) in Business Administration is a unique business program available only at Parkland College in Champaign, Illinois. The program was developed specifically to meet the needs of:
- Students who work full-time or have other commitments during the day;
- Students who have earned an Associate in Science degree in Business Administration from Parkland College (or an Associate in Science or Associate in Arts degree from another community college);
- Students who want to complete a business degree on a part-time basis;
- Students who want to take upper division business classes in the evenings and weekends;
- Students who are better able to commute to Parkland College in Champaign than to the Charleston campus of EIU.
The BSB in Business Administration provides a broad background in business including coursework in accounting, finance, management, management information systems, and marketing. All courses are taught at Parkland College in Champaign in the evenings and weekends. Each three-hour class typically meets one evening per week during the spring or fall semester and two evenings per week during the summer semester. Courses are sequenced so that students can complete the degree in six semesters.
All classes are taught by Eastern Illinois University business faculty. As part of EIU’s School of Business, the program is fully accredited by AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.