Accountancy Program Mission & Values
The primary mission of the EIU Accountancy Program is to build a better future for our students, transforming their lives through excellence in relationship-driven instruction of the accounting principles and practices needed for entry into and success in the accounting profession.
Our secondary purposes are to advance accounting knowledge through academic inquiry and research, and to perform service activities to benefit the School of Business, the College of Business and Applied Sciences, the University, the accounting profession, and the community.
Tools to succeed…Inspiration to excel.
Our Core Values
- Academic excellence: We are committed to free and open academic inquiry and discourse that advances knowledge within the accounting profession.
- Continuous improvement: We are lifelong learners who continuously strive to maintain our curiosity and the value of our intellectual assets.
- Integrity and ethics: We expect adherence to highest standards of moral, ethical, and professional conduct.
- Professionalism: We value and cultivate objectivity, impartiality, and independence of mind consistent with the expectations of the accounting profession.
- Teamwork: We believe the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and that working together is the key to great accomplishments.
- Diversity: We respect and learn from diversity of opinions, perspectives, and cultures, and strive to learn from the differences between ourselves and others.
Our Expectations from Faculty
The Faculty will:
- Act with integrity and professionalism in their dealings with students and colleagues.
- Keep their knowledge current with continuous development of their teaching specialties.
- Actively involve students in the learning process.
- Encourage collaboration and cooperation among students.
- Ensure frequent, prompt feedback on student performance.
Our Expectations from Students
The Students will:
- Act with integrity, professionalism, and personal responsibility in their interactions with faculty and other students.
- Engage in learning with appropriate attention and dedication.
- Maintain their interest and engagement when challenged by difficult learning materials and activities.
- Contribute to the learning of others and work cooperatively.
- Perform according to the standards set by faculty.
Integrative Learning Opportunities