Dr. Ahmed S Abou-Zaid
Office: 2159 - Coleman Hall
Frequently Taught Courses- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Money, Banking, and Financial Markets
- International Economics and Finance
- Pop Culture Economics
Education- B.Sc. Economics (1997), Faculty of Economics and Political Sciences, Cairo University
- MA Economics (2002), American University in Cairo
- Ph.D. Economics (2008), Southern Illinois University
Professional OrganizationsMissouri Valley Economic Association
Midwest Economic Association
Middle East Economic Association
Publications- "Relegious Pluralism, yet a homogenous stance on interest rate financing: The case of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam" , with Tesa Leonce, Contemporary Economics, Vol. 8 (2), 2014.
- "Patterns of Technology Transfer among Arab Gulf States: Opportunities and Challenges", with Dean Elmuti, Intl' Journal of Commerce and Managment. Vol. 23 (4), 2013.
- " The U.S. Folklore, Proverbs, and Economic Behavior", Economics and Sociology, Vol. 6(2), 2013.
- " International Stock Market Responce to the Federal Reserve Policy Actions: The Case of MENA Stock Markets", Journal of Financial Markets and Derivatives, Vol.3 (2), 2013.
- "Challenges and Opportunities of Health Care Supply Chain Managment in the United States", with Dean Elmuti, Grace Khoury & Omar Omran, Health Marketing Quarterly, Vol.30 (4), 2013.
- “NAFTA and Sources of Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations in North America”, with Sami Abdelwahab, Journal of Sustainable Economy, Vol. 5 (3), 2013.
- “Forecasting Foreign Exchange Rate using Artificial Neural networks: A Traders’ Approach”, with Adam Stokes, Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Vol.5 (4), 2012.
- “Role of Strategic Fit and Resource Complementarily in Strategic Alliance Effectiveness”, Journal of Global Business and Technology, with Dean Elmuti and Heather Jia, Vol. 8(2), 2012.
- “Volatility Spillover Effects in Emerging MENA Markets”, Review of Applied Economics, Vol. 7 (1-2), 2011.
- “Exchange Rate-Pass Through in the Mideast region: Evidence from Egypt and Israel”, the IUP Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol. (9) 1, 2011.
- “The Elasticity of Substitution in the U.S. manufacturing Industry”, Empirical Economics Letters”, Vol. 10 (2), 2011.
- “The Optimal Inflation in a Backward-Induction Game” with Liaoliao Li. Economics and Business Journal: Inquires and Perspectives, Vol. 3 (1), 2010.
Funding & GrantsCOS Early Reaserch Support Grant 2008-2012
Faculty Development Support Grant 2013
CommunitySpeaker: Arab Spring: What Lies Beneath - April 2012
Speaker: Panel Discussion , Syria and Beyond - October 2013
EIU Achivement and Contribution Awrad for Research 2102-2013
Faculty mentor - "Distinguished Master's Thesis Award" 2012