Information & Program Access for Parents/Guardians
Your involvement in our ongoing alcohol education and prevention initiatives is welcomed! Students are required to complete AlcoholEdu for College Part 1 before arriving on campus in order to help them make well-informed decisions as they transition to EIU. We encourage talking with your students about what they have learned and how they will use this information in the future.
While we are committed to making a difference with our students, we also understand that parents are the first line of defense against alcohol misuse and abuse. That’s why we have made AlcoholEdu® for Parents available to you.
AlcoholEdu for Parents is an online program designed to support your conversations about alcohol that will help shape the decisions your child must make in college surrounding alcohol use.
The program includes:
- A brief introduction and suggestions on the best way to start conversations about alcohol (15 min).
- An overview of the AlcoholEdu for College course structure and key concepts (5 min).
- Direct access to AlcoholEdu for College, in an easy-to-use format that allows you to navigate freely from chapter to chapter (approx. 3 hours).
- Helpful resources, such as tips on talking to your college student about alcohol, fact sheets on alcohol’s effect on the brain, how alcohol impairs learning and memory, and more.
Please note: Your participation is optional. If you choose to review the course, instructions are attached. If you have taken AlcoholEdu for High School, we still encourage you to participate in this program, as it does address this stage of your student’s life.
We are confident that AlcoholEdu for College will help ensure your child’s success at Eastern Illinois University and in the future. If you have any questions on the substance abuse prevention programming that we at Eastern offer, please feel free to contact Dr. Eric S. Davidson at email@example.com or 217/581-7786.
AlcoholEdu® for Parents Directions
AlcoholEdu for Parents will be available for your review after August 1, 2012.
To take AlcoholEdu for Parents, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities.
1. Go to: http://parents.alcoholedu.com
2. Please review the minimum technical requirements available at the bottom of the AlcoholEdu for Parents login page.
3. Under New User enter the following Login ID for PARENTS ONLY: P144892PARENT
4. Click “Sign Up” and follow the on-screen prompts.
5. When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT share this Web site and Login ID with your child as he/she will not receive credit for course completion under this account
Your son or daughter will be sent separate instructions for accessing the student version of AlcoholEdu. These will be sent around August 1 to their EIU E-mail.
Student may contact Dr. Eric S. Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center if they need login assistance.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for Parents screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.