Instructions for Logging In - Students Entering in Spring 2014
Please read all directions before attempting to log into the system!
Before starting, you MUST have registered for Spring 2014 Classes. If you have not already done so, please contact New Student Programs at 217/581-6435.
Before starting, you will need to make sure that you have the following information readily available:
- Your EIU Net-ID (username).
- Your EIU E Number
The following suggestions are given to maximize the AlcoholEdu experience
- Use a standard computer (desktop or laptop). Notebooks and tablets are not recommended.
- Use Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari as your internet browser. Other browsers do not work well.
- Do not have other windows/frames and other programs open when taking AlcoholEdu.
- Disable all pop-up blockers and uninstall any toolbars. These can cause problems with the media files and cause them to loop over and over
- Do not play music or run other video clips on your computer (ITunes, YouTube, Other websites, etc.)
- Consider connecting directly to the internet, rather than using a wireless connection.
- Clear your computer's cache before beginning the program.
- When you open AlcoholEdu make sure it is in its own window and not within a frame of your school portal or email client.
- After completing registration, go to MyAlcoholEdu and choose “Audio Only” on the Course Settings page.
- Do not use the "BACK" button on your browser while you are taking the program.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. DO NOT log out until you click "next" button or your answers will not be saved.
- Go to http://www.eiu.edu/alcoholedu/tech_support.php and read what you can do to minimize problems that may occur during your alcoholedu experience.
ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR COMPUTER WILL ACCEPT COOKIES FROM ALCOHOLEDU
INTERNET EXPLORER USERS - CHECK YOUR COOKIE PERMISSIONS/SETTINGS
- Click the Tools button in IE, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to a position between the top and bottom so you are not blocking or allowing all cookies.
- Click Sites.
- In the Address of website box, type alcoholedu.com, and then click Allow.
- Move the slider back to the position it was originally in, and then click OK.
FIREFOX BROWSER USERS - CHECK YOUR COOKIE PERMISSIONS/SETTINGS
- Click the Options Panel, and then Click Select Privacy
- Under Privacy, make sure the following boxes are checked
- Remember my browsing and download history
- Remember my search and form history
- Accept cookies from sites
- Accept 3rd Party Cookies
- Keep Until they Expire