Spring 2013 Advisor Coffee RSVP
Wednesday, Feb. 6
1-3 pm, Charleston-Mattoon Room
MLK Jr. University Union
All new and continuing advisors are invited to attend the Spring 2013 Advisor Coffee, an informal information-sharing format intended to foster open communication and promote excellence in advising across campus.
Others interested in academic advising are also welcome and encouraged to participate. Please feel free to bring materials to distribute and/or share new information from your department.
Topics to be discussed will include:
• Opening Address: Dr. Blair Lord, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
• Satisfactory Academic Progress: Monica Zeigler, Director, Academic Advising Center, CAN Chair
• Study Abroad: Kelly Holland, Study Abroad Coordinator, Office of Study Abroad
• Web Advising Application: Nate Atkinson, Web Developer, Center for Academic Technology Support
• General Information Session, Departmental Announcements, and Discussion
• Teacher Certification Update: Dr. Doug Bower, Associate Dean, College of Education and Professional Studies
Light refreshments will be served.
Sponsored by the Academic Advising Center and the Campus Advising Network.