Field Study Opportunity:
Anna Maria Island, Florida
Visit the Florida Gulf Coast!
Enjoy 5 days and 4 nights
of EIU Academy Lifelong Learning events
in the Gulf Coast of Florida!!!!
January 27-31, 2013
Anna Maria Island, Sarasota & St. Petersburg
$350.00 deposit, due Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 4 p.m
(if the trip is a go at that time, they will purchase the airline tickets and make a deposit on the resort)
$1225.00, total cost for the trip if flying is preferred
$875.00, total cost for the trip if driving is preferred
Single Room preferred, additional cost $250
- Roundtrip airfare to Tampa
- 5 days & 4 nights lodging at the Tortuga Beach Resort (double room)
on Anna Maria Island
- 3 meals
- Private reception
- Admission to 4 events
We will join the University of South Florida's Academy of Lifelong Learning group at a reception and numerous learning events including their popular Einstein Group!
Enjoy breakfasts and dinners on the beautiful white sand beaches of Anna Maria Island. Walk, collect seashells and observe the sea life and waterfowl. Learn and relax. Free trolley services enable you to explore the island at your leisure. Overlooking the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, Anna Maria takes you back to Old Florida, with no fast-food restaurants, no carnivals, and an abundance of sun, sand, and surf.
The Itinerary for the Trip:
Day 1: Sunday, 1/27
• Arrive in Tampa
• Travel to Tortuga Beach Resort on Anna Maria Island
• Welcome dinner at Blue Marlin (Provided in fees)
• Walk the beach, enjoy the sunset
Day 2: Monday, 1/28
• Breakfast at Gulf Drive Café (Provided in fees)
• Ringling Museum of Art with Private Tour (Sarasota) (Admission included)
• Lunch with group, pay for own lunch.
• Travel to Mote Marie Laboratory on Long Boat Key (Admission included)
• Travel back to Anna Maria Island. Explore island and dinner on own.
Day 3: Tuesday, 1/29
• Free morning, breakfast and lunch on own
• 2:00 drive to Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg (Admission included)
• 6:00 Dinner at Hanger (St. Petersburg) with live music (provided in fees).
Day 4: Wednesday, 1/30
• Breakfast on own at LePetit Café at the Tortuga Beach Resort.
• Travel to University of South Florida, Sarasota.
• Lunch provided at USF Café (provided in fees).
• Tour Marie Selby Gardens with afternoon tea reception to include USF. (Admission & tea included)
• Travel back to Anna Maria Island. Explore Anna Maria on own.
• After sunset, dinner with group on own at Anna Maria Oyster Bar.
Day 5: Thursday, 1/31
• Breakfast on own
• 9:00 a.m. Leave hotel
• Travel to Tampa to return home