Step #8 - Cancellation of Classes
If you choose to cancel due to inclement weather conditions, illness, or other reasons, please contact students directly via the phone tree and also leave a message with the School of Continuing Education at 217/581-5114.
Most classes (Monday-Friday) will be covered by Eastern Illinois University's severe weather policy and procedures.
Please ask your students to listen to local television and radio stations if there is any possibility that classes might be cancelled. Students may also call the School of Continuing Education at 800/446-8918 for a recorded message of cancellations. Please contact your students via the phone tree.
- 1. Decide on a type of course delivery.
- 2. Establish a course.
- 3. Submit the completed documents to the SCE.
- 4. Contact Textbook Rental to order textbooks.
- 5. Monitor enrollment in your course.
- 6. Make travel arrangements.
- 7. First day of class instructions.
- 8. Cancellation of class.
- 9. Submit the grades for your course.
- 10. Questions.
- 11. Give us feedback.
- 12. EIU copyright policies.
- 13. Library Services.