College of Arts & Humanities Curriculum Committee Minutes
Wednesday October 20, 2010 James K. Johnson Conference room
Caroline Simpson (Vice-Chair), ART, Mark Borzi alternate for Olaf Hoerschelmann, CMN, , Irene Coromina, FLG, Joy Kammerling, HIS, Eunseong Kim, JOU, Anna Cromwell, MUS, Grant Sterling (Chair), PHI, David Wolski, THA, Associate Dean Patricia Poulter, ex officio
Chair Sterling called the meeting to order at 3:00 p.m.
The minutes of 09/22/10 and 10/13/10 were approved by acclamation.
II. Agenda items
The following agenda items will be acted upon at the November 3rd meeting since they are contingent upon item 10.11.
- 10.09 Revision to Communication Theory & Practice Option
- 10.10 Revision to Public Relations Minor
Agenda items 09.17 through 09.28 from African American Studies (tabled in April, 2010 for revisions) will be considered at the November 10th meeting.
III. Items added to the agenda
- 10.11 New course proposal CMN 3630 Advanced Interpersonal Communication
On the motion of Kammerling and second of Simpson, this item was added to the agenda for the November 3rd meeting.
IV. Informational Items
1. The proposal for minimum grade in courses for teacher certification programs, approved by COTE on October 12, 2010, was distributed and discussed.
2. Associate Dean Poulter shared information regarding the new elevated standards for the test of Basic Skills for Teacher Certification. Statistics from the September test were discussed.
Copies of the current bylaws were distributed and discussed. Revisions will be proposed after input is received.
VI. Student members
Recruitment of student members was discussed. Committee members will identify students able to serve and forward nominees to Chair Sterling.
The meeting was adjourned by acclamation at 3:46 p.m.
The next meeting is November 3, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. in the James K. Johnson Conference room.