College of Arts & Humanities Curriculum Committee Minutes
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 was held electronically
Caroline Simpson, ART, Stephen Swords, ENG, Irene Coromina, FLG, Jon Coit, HIS, Eunseong Kim, JOU, Paul Johnston, MUS, Grant Sterling, PHI, Jean Wolski, THA, Kayla Blue, Student Representative.
After electronic discussion of the AFR proposals originally to be discussed at a face-to-face meeting today, it was decided that revisions to the proposals were necessary before committee review. Chair Kim called the electronic meeting to order at 2:56 p.m.
I. MinutesThe minutes of 04/07/10 were not addressed.
II. Items Added to the fall 2010 agendaOn the motion of Jean Wolski and second of Grant Sterling, the following items were added to the agenda for the first meeting of fall 2010:
- 09.17 Revised course proposal AFR 2000G AFR Social Movements
- 09.18 New course proposal AFR 2200 Pan Africanism
- 09.19 New course proposal AFR 2400 Black Women in the Diaspora
- 09.20 New course proposal AFR 2500 Intro to Research Methods
- 09.21 New course proposal AFR 2600 African American Men
- 09.22 New course proposal AFR 3150 Women & Development in Africa
- 09.23 New course proposal AFR 3350 African-American Image in Cinema
- 09.24 New course proposal AFR 3500 AFR Intellectual Tradition
- 09.25 New course proposal AFR 3600 HIV/AIDS and Development in Africa
- 09.26 New course proposal AFR 3700 Race and Neighborhood Development
- 09.27 New course proposal AFR 4300 Senior Seminar
- 09.28 Proposed revisions to AFR programs
Nominations were solicited for the position of Vice-Chair for the 2010-2011 academic year. Electronic voting will be held next week.
The meeting expired at 2:56 p.m. April 24, 2010
The first meeting of the 2010-2011 academic year is tentatively scheduled for September 1, 2010.