College of Arts & Humanities Curriculum Committee Minutes
Wednesday, February 8, 2012, James K. Johnson Conference Room
Members present: Caroline Simpson, Chair, Art, Olaf Hoerschelmann, Vice Chair, CMN, Francine McGregor, ENG; Irene Coromina, FLG; Joy Kammerling, HIS; Eunseong Kim, JOU; Jonelle DePetro, PHI; Danelle Larson, MUS; David Wolski, THA; Molly Manhart, Student Representative; Assoc. Dean Patricia Poulter, ex officio
Guests present: Jerry Daniels, Paul Johnson, Domenica Amato-Newell, Stephen Canfield, Roger Beck
Vice-Chair Hoerschelmann called the meeting to order at 3:00 p.m. Chair SImpson arrived from class at 3:20 and assumed leadership of the meeting.
Larson left the meeting at 3:55 p.m.
On the motion of Kammerling and the second of McGregor, the minutes of February 1, 2012 were approved.
There were no executive actions. Dean Poulter shared that the CAH Grade Appeals Committee report from the Fall semester had been filed per procedure with CAA. No grade appeals reached the College Appeals Committee in Fall 2011.
III. Items acted on
- 11.36 New course proposal MUS 1560, Intro to Music CompositionWolski moved, Hoerschelmann seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.37 Proposed revision to Music Performance Option Hoerschelmann moved, Coromina seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.38 Proposed revision to Music Teacher Certification OptionKammerling moved, Wolski seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.39 New course proposal FLI 1101, Beginning Italian ICoromina moved, DePetro seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.40 New course proposal FLI 1102, Beginning Italian II Kammerling moved, Kim seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.41 New course proposal FLI 2201G, Intermediate Italian I Coromina moved, McGregor seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.42 New course proposal FLI 2202G, Intermediate Italian IIWolski moved, DePetro seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.43 New course proposal FLF 3402, Advanced Oral ProficiencyHoerschelmann moved, McGregor seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.44 New course proposal FLG 3402, Advanced Oral ProficiencyHoerschelmann moved, Coromina seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.45 New course proposal FLS 3402, Advanced Oral ProficiencyWolski moved, McGregor seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.46 New course proposal HIS 3420, African History to 1400DePetro moved, McGregor seconded. Passed unanimously
- 11.47 New course proposal HIS 3250Hoerschelmann moved, Kammerling seconded. Passed unanimously
IV. Discussion Items
The need to elect a Secretary for the Committee was discussed. A vote will be held at the next meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:50 pm by acclamation.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Respectfully sumbitted: Patricia S. Poulter